Saturday, April 4, 2009

Today's Swing Reminder




The last shot is over, good or bad, move on.

How do you react after a good shot? How do you react after a bad shot?

Don't you think you would be better off if you reacted the same to either? But how hard is that to do?

Golf is the hardest game in the world, especially when you are trying to control your emotions. The more of an even keel you can keep your emotions on, the better. There is nothing wrong with celebrating a good shot, but when we hit a bad shot, do we go nuts? I've seen people break clubs, throw clubs, throw balls, kick their bags and almost every other destructive act you can imagine. All it does is carry over to your next golf shot. Try to keep it all in perspective. I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset with a bad shot, but don't let your emotions get the best of you. Just learn to control it. If I hit a bad shot, I try to count to ten and give myself some time to think about it before I react.

Whether it's a good shot or a bad shot try to use today's Swing Reminder "the last shot is over, good or bad, move on", every time you play. Heck, take it from the golf course to the rest of your life.


Have a great golf weekend.

1 comment:

LoneWolf said...

I find that I tend to "simmer" after a bad shot. I have to work really hard at changing my attitude or the next few shots are out the window as well.

The great shots are easier to deal with. I just enjoy them and then hit a bad one 8=)